2020 50c Uncirculated Three Coin Set In Folder- Banjo Paterson - Treasured Australian Poetry
Three of the most beloved poems by Australian bush balladeer ‘Banjo’ Paterson are featured in this set of three 2020 50 cent uncirculated coins: Waltzing Matilda, The Man From Snowy River, and Clancy of the Overflow. The set will appeal to collectors, poetry lovers and those mesmerized by the romance of the Australian bush.
Andrew Barton ‘Banjo’ Paterson (1864–1941), bush poet, solicitor, journalist, soldier and war correspondent, wrote some of Australia’s most iconic bush ballads. Born near Orange in New South Wales, Paterson grew up in the bush, developing a great love for Australia’s unique ‘outback’ environment, horses and horsemanship.
Paterson’s verse is noted for its romantic and dramatic depictions of life in the Australian bush, and especially for the caricature of the Australian bushman, defining him as a bold, independent man of action, and also an anti-establishment larrikin. This legendary figure has contributed strongly to the development of Australia’s national character, including the Australian Digger of the two World Wars.
Paterson’s verse is still greatly beloved today, and Waltzing Matilda is regarded by many as Australia’s unofficial anthem. His work has inspired artworks and films, and his image appears on Australia’s $10 note.
• All coins created in a unique aluminum bronze decagon format
• Struck to the Mint’s uncirculated standard
• The reverse of each coin depicts a beloved poem by Paterson: Waltzing Matilda (1895), The Man from Snowy River (1890), and Clancy of the Overflow (1889)
• All three coins are presented in individual cards contained in an envelope
• Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark
• Australian legal tender
COUNTRY OF ISSUE:Australia
ISSUED BY:Royal Australian Mint