2020 50c Tetra-Decagon Uncirculated Coin - Lunar Year of the Rat
2020 heralds the beginning of a new twelve year cycle in the Chinese Lunar Calendar with the Year of the Rat. This coin celebrates the smart, outgoing and sensitive people born under this Zodiac sign. This tetra-decagon shaped coin will make an ideal addition to a collection or an auspicious traditional gift for Chinese New Year.
The Chinese Zodiac, Sheng Xiao, has its basis in a twelve-year cycle. Each year is represented by one of twelve animals each with their own unique personality traits, also held by people born in that year. 2020 is the Lunar Year of the Rat, and people born under this sign are clever, cautious, self-aware and persuasive.
The Chinese calendar also rotates through the elements of earth, fire, water, metal and wood as part of a larger 60-year cycle. Metal is this year’s element, and people born in this year are reliable, stable and fortunate.
• The eighth released in the series.
• Packaged in a red presentation card
• Unique tetra-decagon shape, exclusive to this coin series
• Coin’s reverse features an artistic design of a Rat
• Coin’s obverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Jody Clark
• Australian legal tender