2019 $2 Golden Treasures of Ancient Egypt 2oz Silver Antiqued Coin
Gold, with its lustrous sheen that never tarnishes, was considered by ancient Egyptians to be the skin of their deities. The precious metal was worn by royalty and priests while used with abundance on monuments and in funerary art, most famously the death mask of Tutankhamun.
This Egyptian themed coin struck by The Perth Mint from 2oz of 99.99% pure silver is a Tuvalu legal tender $2 coin. The centre features a dome insert containing 24 carat gold particles encased in perspex, surrounded by representations of Egyptian hieroglyphics and symbols.
The coin is housed in a pyramid shaped display case, the top of which opens to reveal the coin.
- Proof quality 99.99% pure silver
- Insert contains 24 carat gold particles suspended in purified mineral oil
- Ancient Egyptian themed design
- Antiqued finish
- Innovative themed packaging
- Numbered Certificate of Authenticity