2018 $5 AC/DC Coloured Fine Silver Triangular Nickel Plated Proof Coin
In 2018 we mark 45 years since the formation of a young band in suburban Sydney, who via Melbourne would go on to conquer the world. Underscoring the lives of hard-working Australians, AC/DC would rise to prominence with a typically Australian resilience on their long way to the top. With record sales in the hundreds of millions and multiple world tours under their belt, the Royal Australian Mint proudly celebrates the 45th anniversary of Australia's greatest rock band AC/DC with this uniquely presented silver proof coin.
Officially licensed AC/DC merchandise with highly detailed design drawing on album artwork across the timeline of AC/DC. Rendering this design in a striking new light, each fine silver proof coin is struck on a custom nickel plated (black) triangular blank representative of a guitar pick. The design also features innovative colour print for that high voltage effect. The encapsulated proof coin is accompanied by an actual guitar pick and presented in a unique case inspired by the ear-shattering guitar amps AC/DC use on stage.
- The Royal Australian Mint's first ever nickel plated (black) coin and inverted triangular "Guitar Pick Shaped" coin
- Australian $5 Legal Tender.
- Complete with Certificate of Authenticity.
- Officially licensed AC/DC merchandise
- The encapsulated proof coin is accompanied by an actual guitar pick and presented in a unique case inspired by the ear-shattering guitar amps AC/DC use on stage
- Mintage of 10,000.
This coin is sure to hit No 1 on the charts.